Thursday, December 2, 2010

I read with every broken heart we should become more adventurous

I will forever love Rilo Kiley, Mason Jennings, and Josh Ritter. I feel like I could listen to them forever. I love when a certain lyric stands out, such as this line (which constitutes my blog title), from the Rilo Kiley song, More Adventurous. Oh Jenny Lewis, you are so wise.

Something I was reflecting on today is how people can kind of disappear out of your life. And how much you have to make the effort to keep someone there, and it's easy to let people slip away. Yet the ease in people slipping away can also help with the healing.

My heart is not broken at the moment; don't worry. I keep learning from each experience. Learning how to be who I'm supposed to be.
Biggest exciting news of the moment: I bought a ski pass to Sundance.
Biggest exciting news of the quarter (I have not posted since August):
1. I was engaged on facebook (cruel prank by some friends). Quite a reaction from my adoring fans.
2. I went to New York City to play, and I played hard.
Serendipity for pricey desserts with my bro, sister-in-law, and friend from Provo/Boise who randomly was also in Manhattan the same week as me. Oh Jetblue $160 SLC to NYC fares...
face down pictures: Columbia University, NYC. I still want to go to school there some day.
my fake engagement on the facebook and the explosion of reactions.

oh yeah, and I'm in grad school and teaching part time at the hippie charter school. Things are going pretty well with both of them. Heavily disenchanted at times from grad school, but most days I am glad I am still here.
working on being patient and letting the beauty of life unfold.






No comments: