Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Updates All Around



Again, adoring fans, my apologies. A quick update in the life of me. Shalom. Salaam. Still teaching high school. According to a school countdown, 14 days til Christmas break. No separation of church and state at my Utah high school (Christmas music blasted through the halls, Christmas decorations EVERYWHERE), yet our Christmas break does not begin until December 22nd. Sick. Luckily, I've spent a lot of time with the family. On November 21st, my brother Eric married his wife Audrey in Denver, CO. I now have a sister. I was a bridesmaid. The Saturday before that, November 14th, I went to the Mason Jennings concert with many of my friends. And, luck be a lady, I met Mason. He was just wandering around during the opening band. And I was a brave girl and said hi. And told him I like his music. So many good things. Thanksgiving was nice. Made and ate several epic pies. My family also acknowledged that my 3 years as a vegetarian (marked this November season) is not a fad, but a lifestyle change. Yet they still have the ad ripped out of a magazine for the beef industry: We love vegetarians: more meat for us. Update on school: it is getting so much better. I've come to terms that I can't be the most perfect teacher, and that everyone else is expecting less of me than I am of myself, and I am enjoying it more and being more confident and I'm getting praises from administration. One of my happiest updates: I am dating someone wonderful. His name is Mike. Our first kiss was in the Great Salt Lake after the Bob Dylan concert back in October. 2 more great things: 1. We have a Christmas tree. And it smells divine. 2. The next 2.5 days I will be in Salt Lake City being the co-advisor for RHSMUN (regional high school model united nations). So, back to my modeling days. Yet now I'm the advisor. Crazy town. 

No comments: